Recovering your pre-pregnancy figure is the dream of many young moms. How can you quickly and effectively return to an impeccable figure? The answer is simple – with the help of proper exercise and diet!
We say a definite no to starvation!
Many women after childbirth in order to regain their former figure decide to take shortcuts, implementing drastic diets and even starvation. Initially, such a way to lose excess weight may indeed prove effective, but sooner or later we will get the popular yo-yo effect or negative consequences resulting from malnutrition.
Radical restriction of caloric intake in the long run will therefore definitely not be the best idea – the diet should be approached with calm and, above all, with head. It is best to consult an experienced nutritionist who will expertly guide you through the weight loss process.
Exercises for young mothers
It is worth remembering that exercise after childbirth should be adapted to the condition and physical capabilities of the newly mom. Physical activity is, next to a proper diet, the only way to regain pre-pregnancy form – provided that the training is carried out sensibly. A woman’s body after childbirth, unfortunately, is no longer the same as before it, which is primarily due to the strain on the apparatus supporting the reproductive organs. Weakening of the muscles of the pelvic floor or vagina in the long run can be associated with serious ailments, such as stress incontinence, pain resulting from the lowering of the vaginal walls, and even sexual problems.
It is with the help of physical exercise that you can prevent this type of situation. Here are our suggestions to help you quickly get back not only to health, but also to a proper figure!
Exercises for the abdomen
It is assumed that abdominal exercises can be performed no earlier than 6-8 weeks after childbirth, although it is best to seek advice from your doctor. The first workouts should be relatively short and undemanding – the intensity is increased over time. Below are examples of exercises for the abdomen after childbirth:
- lie on your back flat with your arms placed along your body, then lift your legs and bend them at the knees at a right angle,
- we lie on our back flat, then bend our legs at the knees and lift our pelvis up for a few seconds,
- we perform the so-called scissors, that is, we lie on our back flat, lift our lower limbs several inches above the ground and cross them alternately.
Exercises for the spine
Young mothers after childbirth often complain of back pain. No wonder – not only is there a change in the center of gravity during pregnancy, but in addition, the back is most simply overloaded during this time. Fortunately, there are several simple exercises for the spine, thanks to which the pains of this part will be a thing of the past! Here are three examples that are worth trying:
- position yourself in a straddle and lift your straightened arms up a little beyond the line of your head, alternately,
- remaining in stride, place your hands on your hips, and then perform pelvic circles,
- still remaining in stride perform slow circles of the head.
main photo: unsplash.com/volant